We have all watched the DIY shows and thought that we could tackle the projects the professionals can. If you have decided it is time to install new flooring, the process can be overwhelming. Whether you are a new homeowner or not, you may be trying to decide if you should hire a professional or take on the project yourself! Before making that decision, follow along below and at this important link. There are many reasons to hire a professional instead of taking the DIY route. Let us go through them and save you time, money, and a lot of frustration.
The Cons of DIY
Many of us are pretty handy and like the idea of saving a few bucks by doing things around the house on our own. It may seem like a simple project, but looks can be deceiving. Though it may sound like a great idea, there are several cons to attempting a DIY project of this size. Below are some of the most common.
- Old flooring removal – You will need to rent a dumpster or take all the old material to a landfill and possibly pay a disposal fee.
- Tool and equipment rental – It may be necessary for you to rent or buy the equipment needed to correctly install the floor yourself.
- Extended installation time – Without experience installing flooring, you could find the job takes at least twice as long to complete.
- Small margin for error- As a non-professional without experience, there is not much room for mistakes when installing flooring.
The Pros of Professional Installation
A flooring contractor installs floors every day. With that comes experience and real perks for you as the homeowners. Although it may seem like it costs more upfront, you may save money in the long run. You will also save yourself time. The below does not detail all the benefits, but it does give you plenty to consider. Below are some of the best reasons to look into professional installers.
- Removal included and tools provided – Professionals will have all the tools necessary for the job and remove and dispose of your old flooring.
- Guaranteed work – Your contract will include a warranty, so you know the installation will be done right.
- Fast installation- These professionals install floors for a living. They can get the install done in half the time it takes you.
- Knowledge and expertise – They will be able to walk you through your options, so you pick the best flooring for your style and budget.
Finding the Best Installer
After reading all the pros and cons, you may be ready to hire a professional for your next flooring job. I highly recommend that you follow this important link and check out FloorMod. They are an excellent professional flooring installer that has been updating homes since 2014. They offer comprehensive services and flooring materials. FloorMod will work with you from consultation through installation. They will make sure your new floors are installed correctly and look beautiful for years to come