In India, roti is something which is made in every household. It is more like a staple food nation-wide. You can enjoy roti or chapati with your favourite curry on the side. Roti is full of nutrition and food value. In India, you can find various kind of rotis. Every roti has its speciality. Any of the rotis can be enjoyed with any aromatic fry, curry, and other dishes. Rotis can be had at any meal. Be it dinner, lunch, or just as snacks, rotis are the one dish you can have at any time.
The rotis are mainly made of whole wheat flour. But, it can be mixed with bajra, jowar, ragi, and others to increase its nutritional value. You can even add vegetables to your roti to make it tastier and increase its nutritional value.
If you are tired of making rotis, you can get the Rotimatic roti maker to make your job a lot easier. Even for those who cannot make round rotis, this can be the best solution for you. Rotimatic does not take much effort or time to make rotis. You can make roti, paratha, luchi, tortillas, and much more. This roti maker makes the best round rotis.
Here is a great recipe of roti and a side dish –
Any roti is considered to be rich in fibre and carbs, But ragi roti is considered to be rich in protein. However, when it is prepared on the banana leaf, it tastes much better. Here, is the recipe –
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Total Time – 25 minutes
Serves – 6
Cuisine – Karnataka
Ragi flour – 1 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1 tablespoon
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
Coconut – 1 tablespoon (optional)
Coriander leaves – 1 strand (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – few (for taste)
Salt – as per taste
Water – as per required
- Take a mixing bowl, add chillies, ginger, onions (chopped), curry leaves, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, and salt. Mix all of this well and squeeze out the juice.
- Gradually add a cup of ragi flour to the bowl and dry mix the mixture in the bowl.
- Gradually add some boiling water as much as required. Keep in mind to make them soft and smooth.
- Pat the dough on a banana leaf or any aluminium sheet. Do not forget to grease the sheet before you start patting.
- Take a small portion and turn into a ball. Spread the ball thinly and evenly. Along with the sheet also grease your fingers as well in case the edges crack.
- In case the edge of the roti starts cracking, you can add some more water to your fingertips, collect it, and mend the crack with fingers.
- Try to make some holes in the roti. This helps the roti to absorb much more oil evenly all over the roti.
- Pour some oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot enough, slowly and carefully drop the roti in the grill.
- Peel the aluminium sheet of the roti carefully.
- Spread the oil all over the roti so that the whole roti gets equal oil.
- Flip the roti to cook both the sides of the roti.
- You have to make sure of the fact that the roti is fried until it turns golden brown.
- Your roti is now ready to serve with any side dish, butter or chutney. It goes well with anything. You can make these dishes with roti maker very easily if you still don’t have a roti maker you can get it online via many online sources. Check this rotimatic reviews before buying
It is a popular dish all over India. This has its origin rooted back to Punjab. It has a creamy and spicy taste. You can easily serve this recipe with any roti. Here is the recipe of the dish
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
Marination – 4 hours
Time took – 1 hour
Servings – 4
For the first marination
Chicken – ½ Kg
Lemon juice – ¾ tablespoon
Salt – ¼ teaspoon
Paprika – ½ teaspoon
Kasuri Methi – ¾ teaspoon (optional)
Turmeric – 1/8 teaspoon
Garam Masala – ¾ teaspoon
Oil – ¾ tablespoon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Greek Yogurt – ½ cup
For the Gravy
Butter – 2 tablespoon
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon – 1 or 2 inch
Cardamoms (green) – 2
Cloves – 2
Green Chilies (slit) – 1 or 2
Tomato (puree) – 4 (large)
Cashew (blanched) – 16 to 18
Paprika – 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala – ¾ teaspoon
Kasuri Methi – ½ tablespoon
Sugar – ¼ tablespoon
Cream (chilled) – 80-100 ml
Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, salt and chilli powder for 20 minutes.
- Then marinate the chicken again with Kasuri methi, oil, yoghurt, turmeric, ginger garlic and garam masala.
- Refrigerate the chicken with 30-4 hours.
- Blend the cashew and the tomato to make a smooth puree.
- Wait until the puree is cold enough.
- Make the Ginger garlic Paste.
- Next, grill the chicken. Use a stove.
- Add one tablespoon of butter in the pan and then add the marinated chicken.
- Then heat a pan with butter and saute the cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and chillies. Fry till the smell comes out.
- Pour in the cashew and tomato mix.
- Add Paprika, salt and sugar.
- Mix and cook it, unless the puree is thick and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add one cup of water.
- Let the mix to boil and cook in simmer for 3 or 5 minutes.
- It should be soft. Add Kasuri methi and garam masala in it. Stir in simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chilled cream and turn off the stove.
- You can garnish it with coriander leaves.
These two can go too well with each other. And they are effortless to make. So try these out today!